A mother and daughter duo ready to take the local jewelry scene by storm.
Our company was born out of our love of travel. Ten years ago we went to Egypt where we bought cartouches (pendants with our names in hieroglyphics). Ever since that trip we scour the markets of all the places we visit looking for jewelry that's as cool as those cartouches.
Something that will capture the essence of our adventures.
We have Bali beads, filigree pendants from India, silver cuffs from Mexico, and it dawned on us, nothing significantly reflected our home, PEI.
And that's when the idea of experiential jewelry came into play. So now, we help people win at gift giving with pieces that are personal and reflective of a special place or memory using sand, shells or other elements. Maybe it's a pendant with sand from the beach you got married on, or a ring with shells from your family cottage. We have a large inventory of pieces made with local elements or you can provide your own.
We've also thrown some Swarovski elements into the mix with our crystal and pearl collections. Everyone needs a little sparkle in their life.
About McGregor & Currie Jewelry
- Bianca lives in Mayfield with her husband, their two boys and two dogs. Audrey lives in Mermaid with her retrievers Gracie and Bella - aka The Golden Girls
- Audrey was a teacher in the Eastern School District for 35 years. Bianca currently works in fund development, marketing and promotions in Charlottetown.
- Bianca graduated from UPEI with a Bachelor's in Business Administration in 2000.
- Before teaching, Audrey was a certified gold smith who majored in metals from the South Alberta Institute of Technology. She's currently busy building a new studio space, making gems and being the best Nanny ever.
- 5% of all sales are donated to Anderson House, because us ladies have to stick together!